The "Club House"
Search by Keyword

Search by Keyword

2014 Arts & Crafts Fest - May 3rd, 4th

2014 Arts & Crafts Fest - May 3rd, 4th

2014 Festival Vendor Application:  
Click Here to Register


FIND THE PAGE

FIND THE PAGE

CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR BLOG SITE

CAMMIE HENRY

CAMMIE HENRY

"Sale of the Century"
Historic 1970 Auction at Melrose
Items, Prices and Purchasers.
Of interest to Historians, Researchers,
and Preservationists. [Click here]

CANE RIVER LAKE
The Lemee House was constructed in 1837 by an Italian contractor, whose last name was Soldini. It is believed that he built the house for his own residence. However, in 1849 it was sold to Alexis Lemee who housed not only his family but also the Union Bank of New Orleans. When an "out-of-towner" wanted to purchase the house in 1940 a group of concerned women convinced the City of Natchitoches to buy the house with the understand that the women would restore and maintain the property and use it as a Club House. And so it remains today the Club House and meeting place of the Association for the Preservation of Historic Natchitoches as well as other organizations.
LEMEE HOUSE 1837